Wednesday, September 19, 2012

LISTEN TO THAT QUIET VOICE THAT SAYS "NO, DON'T"

Go with your instincts when cycling in this hellish traffic.  If your thoughts are telling you "don't do it". Listen up.
 I started out for my ride home, the winds were 20 mph,  the flags were stiff,  my office mate said "don't cycle home, take the boat"  he adviced.
 But I was really looking forward to the long ride home, the challenge of cycling without getting hurt or killed,   The experience of facing those car driving jerks.  I was gun-ho for the cycle home. 
 I had my light bike, my Specialized, I was pumped.   
I headed South and then doubt filled mind,  "maybe I shouldn't, maybe not".
And  then a wind gust swept me up and wobbled my bike and I thought ". What would happen if I got a gust of wind in Weymouth?  I would be killed. 
 I took the boat. 
 Man vs. nature, nature always wins.  

No comments:

Post a Comment