Thursday, August 16, 2012

LOGAN FROM THE BOAT - EASY ACCESS

I took my bike on the Hingham commuter boat this morning, What a glorious way to go to work.  Sun, breeze, the smell of the sea..
I took this picture of  a plane landing at Logan Airport from the boat.

I have an OFD friend who used to take his motor boat to the edge of the runway, get out of his boat,  stand on the runway, pull his pants down and moon the pilots when they were coming in for landings.
Then he would see the sirens coming and he would hop back in his boat and take off. He never got caught.

That was the good old days with good clean American fun.
 Now if he did that he would be arrested and thrown in the clinker after a strip search of course.

4 comments:

  1. Is this one of the same friends who used to do the Throwing of the Breads?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I think this is the way you should go to work everyday. No contest! It's the best of both worlds. And no asshole drivers to menace you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ride to the Hull boat and then from Long Warf to Cambridge via the Paul Dudley White bike trail. It's a little over 20 miles RT every day. Great way to start and end the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Riding a bike to work makes me feel so happy and lively every morning. I wish I could incorporate a boat ride too!

    ReplyDelete