Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A WEED GROWS IN SOUTHIE

Check out this weed, its as big as a tree. I should have stood in front of it to show how big it is.  This is not an abandoned building and it reaches the top of the building.   Its on E Street in Southie, near where I squeezed my car in between two SUV's.  I did not get a parking ticket probably because the cop couldn't squeeze between the cars to read my license plate numbers.



Here's a photo of a full length mirror someone abandoned in the patch of weeds next to the giant tree weed.  I thought it reminded me of the Caribbean,  Sunny and bright.







I had to take my bike today my boss needed Munchkins and coffee for his meeting.
 I picked up a box of Joe from Dunkin Donuts and 2 boxes of Munchkins. I managed all that on my bike. I'm getting good.





6 comments:

  1. Millicent BroderickAugust 14, 2012 at 11:23 AM

    That loks like a Boston weed. You don't have a basket on your bike - how DID you manage the coffee/donutz?

    Drive carefully..drive defensively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope a botanist seez this I bet its from the prehistoric dayz and itz still living here in Boston. Its a strong weed. Most of US that grew up on the dirty streets of Boston are of pretty strong stock. Good blog! your like an undercover reporter lookin 4 the real dirt here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boston Cops are getting special mirrors and fiber-optic cameras to read the license plates of the scrunched-in cars. Let's all sing "Come back to Jamaica" with that tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the mirror pic. And congratulations on finding that parking space. You're such a resourceful woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like what's colloquially known as a ghetto palm, aka Tree of Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it's a Tree of Heaven, aka Stink Tree or botanically aka Ailanthus. It's invasive and impossible to kill without chemical poisons. They can reach 65ft high, so anyone who's letting it grow in their building's foundation is asking for trouble! Don't get me started on those damn things!

    ReplyDelete